Introduction & Purpose
The Board of ShelterBox Australia is committed to protecting the privacy of personal information which the organisation collects, holds and administers. Personal information is information which directly or indirectly identifies a person.
The purpose of this document is to provide a framework for ShelterBox Australia in dealing with privacy considerations.
ShelterBox Australia collects and administers a range of personal information for the purposes of donation receipts. The organisation is committed to protecting the privacy of personal information it collects, holds, and administers.
ShelterBox Australia is bound by laws that impose specific obligations when it comes to handling information. The organisation has adopted the following principles contained as minimum standards in relation to handling personal information.
ShelterBox Australia will:
- Collect only information which the organisation requires for its primary function
- Ensure that stakeholders are informed as to why we collect the information and how we administer the information gathered
- Use and disclose personal information only for our primary functions or a directly related purpose, or for another purpose with the person’s consent
- Store personal information securely, protecting it from unauthorised access
- Provide stakeholders with access to their own information, and the right to seek its correction.
Refund Terms & Conditions
Refund Policy: Due to the nature of charity donations, refunds are given at the discretion of our management. Donations will only be refunded if genuinely made in error. Please make sure that the amount you enter is the amount you wish to give. In the event of an incorrect amount being entered, or if the donation is made accidentally or there is an extremely unusual circumstance, please contact us in writing. We will review the request and respond within five working days. If a donation is refunded, the associated tax receipt is no longer truthful so it should be shredded.